SURGERY IS SCHEDULED

4:37 PM

MARCH 1, 2017




So yesterday I got a phone call while I was at work.  I never answer the phone while I am at work, but it just happened that it rang while I had 5 minutes before going out to recess with the kids. It came up a Phoenix number and I knew the surgery scheduler was back in her office yesterday.  So I just had that feeling it was her and I answered it.  
Sure enough it was.  


She asked if we had a preference on when we wanted the surgery.  I explained to her that we get out of school the end of May, so that would be ideal.  The first thing they had available was not until July 7, 2017.  So she set that as our amputation surgery date but she is going to talk to Dr. Belthur and see if there is a place in his schedule that they can fit us in sometime at the first of June.  That would be so wonderful, but still if we are going for July 7, that is still better than having to wait until almost August which is when school starts.  

So even if he has a 6-8 week recovery and school starts the first of August, by then we can figure something out. 


We go back to see Dr. Belthur on March 31 at 4:00 in the afternoon as our last appointment with him before the surgery and they said it would be our pre op.  I think just the usual run of how it will all go and what to expect.  

So for now that is our scheduled surgery date unless they can squeeze us in sooner.  

~NICOLE

You Might Also Like

0 comments

COMING UP

02.20.2017 - Appointment to meet with the prosthetic team.

COMING UP

Pre Op appointment with Dr. Belthur
March 31, 2017
4:00 pm

SURGERY SCHEDULED

Amputation surgery scheduled for July 7, 2017